[Dixielandjazz] Re. Harry Allen & Rebecca Kilgore - The music of Marilyn Monroe

Nancy Giffin nancyink1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 14:28:07 PDT 2011

REGARDING Message: 7
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 10:55:12 -0400
From: Stephen G Barbone <barbonestreet at earthlink.net>
Subject: Harry Allen & Rebecca Kilgore -
              The music of Marilyn Monroe

Thanks, Steve. The NY Times article said:
..."That line," [Harry Allen] said recently, paraphrasing Monroe,
"all a saxophone player has to do is play 'Melancholy Baby,' and I'm
his... That made me really want to become a saxophone player."

We are so glad Harry Allen watched and was inspired by Marilyn Monroe.
Me, personally, I'm just wild about Harry -- his music and his wonderful self.
;-)