[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Another Kenny Baker--Peter Kerr

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 15:45:33 PDT 2011

> Hi,

I'm forwarding this to the list since Kenny Baker was one of the best
trumpet players anywhere.  He was even on some - not so great - Dixieland
albums.  But he was a wonderful swing player.  I saw him imbuing life in a
rather laclustre big band.  The band played for a while, and sounded bland.
Then Baker joined it - and it started swinging like hell!
A great musician.
Cheers