[Dixielandjazz] R.I.P. BEN JOHNSTON

Mick Potter pottermick at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 17:44:08 PDT 2011

For those of you who have not heard, it is with great sorrow that i report
the Death of Australian Pianist (recently living in Ireland) Ben Johnston.
Ben died in Ireland on Wednesday night our time. This is a great shock to
the Australian Jazz community, especially those of us who knew Ben well. Don
Stewart is organizing a Memorial gig for Ben on Wednesday 11th May. Below is
the Face book message from Don. Go onto facebook and look for the event.

"Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered. A memorial evening for Ben Johnston

Wednesday, May 11 · 5:00pm - 8:00pm

Lord Newry Hotel, St Georges road, North Fitzroy, VIC

HI folks. After some consultation with Ben's nearest and dearest, we have
decided to throw a Memorial evening for Ben Johnston at one of his local
haunts. Folks are asked to bring Photos, videos, memories and stories of
Ben. We are hoping to have a CD of Ben's unreleased tunes for sale to raise
some money for Majella and the family. Any comments or suggestions welcome.
Hope very much to see you there."

For those of us with a religious Faith we leave Ben in God's Care, and
please pray for the repose of his soul.

VALE BENNY BOY WE WILL MISS YOU.

--
Mick Potter