[Dixielandjazz] 1919 Rag

John Gill smokewagon at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 16:22:56 PDT 2011

Well Ory called it 1919 Rag on his recording in 1945 and Turk Murphy's Good Time Jazz recording is also 1919 Rag. Have you not come across these recordings? Watters called it 1919. Since the tune appears to have been brought on the scene by Ory, I would give some creedence to his calling it 1919 Rag.-