[Dixielandjazz] Stan Freberg interviewed

Don Robertson jdrobertson at att.net
Thu Apr 28 17:48:09 PDT 2011

I totally agree with Bob.  The United States is a great production.  My
son, who grew up hearing it played in our house, and I routinely throw
lines from it back a forth.  The lines, the gags and the music are a
priceless combination.  The fife player saying "man I thought this was
like an officer's club gig, I didn't know were were going to be up with
the cannons".  This was all too much to follow, I thought "part 2" was a
disappointment.  I think they "jumped the shark" with that one.

Don Robertson
Napa, CA