[Dixielandjazz] A MOVIE REVIEW

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 05:32:59 PDT 2011

Mick:

I believe I have the Medved book kicking around here somewhere but I had
forgotten whether subject movie had been included.

I came across a dirt cheap VHS of "Plan Nine From Outer Space" some years
back and couldn't resist buying it as its filming had been depicted in "Ed
Wood" (where I thought Johnny Depp did an excellent job)

I was simply curious to see if it was really as bad as I had heard it was,
what with pie tins being used for flying saucers and them substituting
another actor about a half foot shorter than Bela Lugosi after he died
during its filming.   And it was as bad or even worse than I had expected.

And what was that other thing with "Avocado Jungle" in its title?

Admitedly, Hollywood has turned out its share of turkeys, but when they took
aim at the fabulous work of Cole Porter, in "At Long Last Love", I took it
real personal as he has long been my favorite lyricist.

Thanx for your support
Harry