[Dixielandjazz] Social Aspect of Gigs

Louis Lince louislince at neworleansmusic.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 11:41:26 PDT 2011

Hi Ginny,

It's an interesting point that you raise. In my case, over the years, I have
always taken the musical ability of musicians as a given, but with the
proviso that they will behave well on the stand and interact well with each
other in the band. There are some superb musicians of a far higher standard
than me that I would never hire, because with them it's all self self self
and to hell with the rest of the band.

My two-pennyworth...for what it's worth!

best

Louis