[Dixielandjazz] John Gill

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 18 14:30:27 PDT 2011

Daniel Barrett wrote [in part]:
> I just saw Mr. Baker's post about John Gill.  Mr. Baker is of course reporting Mr. Erdos's side of things. I"m sure John Gill would have his own perspective about that session.
> I have known John for years; I met him when was working with Turk Murphy's band........

Dear Dan,
Sorry, the wrong John Gill.
The one who died suddenly last Friday was the gifted English-born Australian ragtime/stride pianist from Perth, Australia who was well known here, in the UK and on the US festival circuit.
An easy assumption to make if you missed the original email.
Very kind regards,
Bill.