[Dixielandjazz] TAPS

domitype domitype at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 23:06:29 PDT 2011

That was rather nicely done but it has not much to do with the "Last Post" or "Taps" in the US military - or many other countries.  check out this pretty accurate wiki entry:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki?search=Last+post

I was in the US Navy Drum & Bugle Corps for a while and we had to learn them all (and some history.)

For more internet taps info check out this as well:
http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/taps.asp

Not knocking her performance nor the sentiments of the comment but this video has been posted around quite a few times. Maybe a quick search on the title will be helpful:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Il_Silenzio_(song)
Il Silenzio (Silence in English) is an Italian pop music instrumental piece, with a small part of spoken Italian lyrics, notable for its trumpet theme. It was written in 1965 by trumpet player Nini Rossoand Guglielmo Brezza[1], its thematic melody being an extension of the bugle military call for taps. It has become a worldwide instrumental standard, which has sold around 10 million copies.[2] It was a number one hit in Germany, Austria, theNetherlands, Italy and in Switzerland in 1965. [3] It reached the position of Number 1 in Australia on 01/09/65 and stayed in the charts for 19 weeks. In the United States it reached #32 in the BillboardEasy Listening Charts.

Dave Richoux