[Dixielandjazz] Did I stump everyone? Or just not interested?

Barb Jordan jordan_barb at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 15 14:45:42 PDT 2011

Hi again listmates,

Last Tuesday ( April 12th) I sent out a request to find out if anyone knew of a song titled "Peeking on My Baby" or "Peeking at My Baby" from circa 1923 by King Oliver.

( I mistakenly said Kid Oliver, since I was also reading about Kid Ory).

Aside from a groaner of joke from one of the listmates, I have had no other takers.

A friend of mine was just at Le Petit Journal in Paris, France and heard the Southen Stompers ( a great band!) playing it.

Perhaps something was lost in the French pronunciation??

Would appreciate any thoughts/ideas.......

Barbara Jordan

Burlington, Ontario, Canada