[Dixielandjazz] Australian festival featuring Josh Duffee & Andy Schuum

Geoff Power gnjmusic at netspace.net.au
Thu Apr 14 16:39:07 PDT 2011

Hi folks,

I'm just about to head off to the Southern Highlands Classic Jazz Festival,
held in Mittagong NSW (about a 2 hour drive south-west of Sydney, and
roughly halfway between Sydney and our national capital Canberra).

I'm doing several sets with Josh Duffee and Andy Schuum, along with
outstanding Sydney musicians Paul Furniss(reeds) and Trevor
Rippingale(reeds) and equally outstanding Melbourne musicians Michael
McQuaid(reeds/tpt) and Jason Downes(reeds)  Included amongst the sets I'm
doing will be tributes to Tiny Parham, Richard M. Jones, Jean Goldkette, the
Scott Joplin Red Book, The Dorsey Brothers, and a two-hour concert of Artie
Shaw material.  I'll let you know how it goes !!

Best wishes to all

Geoff Power