[Dixielandjazz] Gene Berthelsen RIP

Alicia Fullbright alicia_f2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 19:58:45 PDT 2011

Today was a sad day today. I learned that Gene Berthlesen has passed away. I served on the STJS Board during Gene's tenure as Executive Director. Gene and I may not have always seen eye to eye, but I always respected Gene as a person. Gene was the consummate performer. Gene was also a a good representative for The Sacramento Jazz Jubilee and Festival.
 I will miss him dearly.
Alicia Fullbright
Pollock Pines Ca.

" The thing about performance, even if it's only illusion, is that it is a celebration of the fact that we do contain within ourselves infinite possibilities."
Sydney Smith