[Dixielandjazz] Al Capone a Song Writer?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 1 21:59:37 PDT 2011

 Robert Ringwald posted [in part]:
> Al Capone, songwriter. A Cappella Group to Put in Work on Classic from Al Capone
> by Mike Thomas
> Chicago Sun-Times, March 31, 2011
which included
> ......concerts Friday through April 10, as part of a program that traces the city's
> history through music....

Dear Bob,
My first reaction was to google the event tracing Chicago's history through music in the hope that jazz (a vital part of that city's history) would be represented.
Nothing, that I can find under 'Performing Arts'.
However, the following site has a recording of the 'Capone' song:

  http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/music/4585207-421/a-cappella-group-to-put-in-work-on-classic-from-capone.html

A non-event for me.
Kind regards,
Bill.