[Dixielandjazz] i am enjoyin playing stand up bass

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 13:22:27 PDT 2010

OK, I can hold back no longer.  It's an old one so I imagine many of
you have heard it.already.

It had to with Jack Benny, George Burns, Groucho Marx and a coupla
others who would often gather together at the HIllcrest Country Club.

Knowing that it was sea bass, Groucho would repeatedly ask the waiter
what seafood dish was on the menu just so he could say, 'You've gotta
see bass every night or you won't see bass at all"

One night, Jack wanted to order it but took the waiter aside to do so,
saying "I don't want Mr. Marx to know cause you know what he'll do"

The waiter replied, "You've gotta see bass every night or you won't
see bass at all"

I dunno, maybe you've gotta be a devpted Groucho fan like myself, but
I've always loved it.

HC