[Dixielandjazz] Press Release on CD & Play Along Fake Book

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 28 08:48:51 PDT 2010

Hi Jim,
If I can find time to go through and look up the keys, and type in the 43
tunes, yes, but not for awhile.  Most musicians who do a lot of  playing
will not be interested in this fake book and it's not sold separately  anyhow.
Where we find the interest in this package is either:  a) folks who want a
product in return for a non-tax deductible contribution  to a kids banjo
band, or b) folks who are beginner or amateur musicians and  like having
something set up with lead sheets and CD where they can play  along.  For example
I ran into one such purchaser at an event last  evening.  He told me he was
enjoying the CD and playing with the book,  but he found a lot of tunes to
be very fast in tempo.  (The tunes  are usual old time pizza parlor tempo
which was fast.  This is an  on-the-market CD which is selling well and Rob &
Ray volunteered to add  a band fund-raising aspect via another volunteer's
developing the fake sheets  more or less consistent with what Rob & Ray
recorded.  I write more or  less consistent since their intros and improvisations
are not notated.   Several of the tunes are in medleys such as a Cohan
medley, and Irish medley,  etc.)

In an aside, I realized this week that this 9 - 14 year old band has not
lost a member in a year -- so we must be doing something right.  I tell the
kids that they are now indentured and cannot leave before age 18.   LOL
Ginny

In a message dated 9/27/2010 1:26:17 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
jobriant at garlic.com writes:

Ginny  Luetje wrote:

> If you want to buy only the CD,  contact me
> off-list and I will get Rob's email address
> to you as our  fund raiser involves selling
> only the package deal.  The fake  book is not
> available as  a separate purchase.

Can you  post or email a copy of the table of contents, showing the tunes in
the  fake book and the keys they're in?

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy,  CA