[Dixielandjazz] Bass saxophone - was :using tuba abd upright bass

Rick rickz at usermail.com
Mon Sep 27 20:49:12 PDT 2010

Yes, yes, yes!!   Adrian Rollini was a master!!

He wrote arrangements for EVERYONE which included his marvelous Bass
Saxophone solos.

When I was putting together the Colorado Nighthawks (Colorado Springs)
I found a great sax player -- playing with the Colorado Springs Big Band
-- who had a bass sax, and could play it like a master.

"Please --- bring it and play it with us..."  I pleaded.

"Sorry," he said.   I sold my big car, and all I have left is a little
sports car, and I can't bring it to town.!!!"

That's the way it is... out west, huh?

Rick