[Dixielandjazz] FW: using tuba abd upright bass

Rich Howard flinthillsdad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:23:48 PDT 2010

All,
Our bass/tuba player, Mike Thaman, uses both upright string bass and a
sousaphone.  Obviously, his vehicle has the largest payload capacity of
anyone's in the band.  Although this isn't absolute, he uses the upright
more often on swing tunes and the sousaphone more often on things like Basin
Street Blues and Bourbon Street Parade.

Rich