[Dixielandjazz] Press Release on CD & Play Along Fake Book

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Mon Sep 27 09:16:09 PDT 2010

Hi List,

Early this summer Rob Wright (vocals & banjo) & Ray Templin (vocals  &
piano) released a fun CD designed to simulate singing along at a pizza  place.
I gave it as a gift to the kids in my banjo band only to learn that  they
wanted to play along with it.  So discussions with Rob, Ray and Eddy  resulted
in Eddy using his ears to develop lead sheets that essentially matched  the
CD arrangements of these many traditional tunes.
Rob suggested that we might sell these combination book and CDs as a
fund-raiser for the band.  I have pasted the press release below in case  someone
on this list is interested.  If you want to buy only the CD,  contact me
off-list and I will get Rob's email address to you as our fund raiser
involves selling only the package deal.  The fake book is not available as  a
separate purchase.

By the way, our band of 9 - 14 year olds has now not lost a member in over
a year!  We are not affiliated with any school or other organization so
that's rather amazing.  I will start kids on banjo at 8.

Paste of Press Release:
Fake Book and CD to Benefit St. Louis Youth Banjo Band
St. Louis, MO --  September 20, 2010 – By combining the wonderful “
Sing-along Pizza Party” CD  created by jazz banjoist Rob Wright and pianist
Ray
Templin with a 48-page  fake book containing all of the lyrics and lead
sheets
to these songs, you  will be able to have your own songfest.
Rob and Ray along with Eddy  Kebabjian who created the lead sheets have
donated their efforts to  financially assist the St. Louis BandJos, whose
membership is growing toward  15 youth ages 8 - 14. These youngsters have
performed twice at the FIGA  conventions and have proven their commitment
learning how to play  America’s Fun Instrument, tenor or plectrum banjo.
For more information  about the ST. Louis BandJos, visit their page on the
website of:  _www.stlouisbanjoclub.org_ (_http://www.stlouisbanjoclub.org/_
(http://www.stlouisbanjoclub.org/) )
Order your combination book and CD today by sending a check for $27
(includes U.S. shipping) to: St. Louis BandJos, % Ginny Luetje, 1884
Charmwood
Ct., Kirkwood, MO 63122.
Please Note: We are not selling the  book separately. And if you want
only the CD contact Rob as previously  announced. This is simply a package
offer for those who would like some lead  sheets to facilitate their
playing
along. As said above, each package sale  will benefit the STL BandJos Youth
BandJo Band.
Thanks Rob, Ray, Eddy!  Thanks again!
Ginny