[Dixielandjazz] Norah Jones, Man Of The Hour

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Sat Sep 25 06:12:43 PDT 2010

The words are clever.  I had to listen twice.  The first time, the number of
bars threw me off a little because I was not expecting 12 bars and wondered
if it were some odd number of bars.  The second listening confirmed the
number of bars and let me also confirm what I suspected, that it was about
her dog.  At least one can make out what she is saying which is almost never
the case with modern singers (often screamers), buried in the mix of
screeching guitars and over-loud bass and drums.

Ron L