[Dixielandjazz] Name That Song! Episode 16

Brandon Au dolphinhunter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 00:11:40 PDT 2010

Woah, Wow!  Thanks for the education Dan!
400% correct! And future *Name that Song* research acquired!

*Mouldy* *fygge* is spot on.  We learned this one from someone you know.
Justin learned this tune from *Mr. Jeff** Beaumont *while playing with
the *Basin
Street Regular's Hot Shots* in SLO.  We've learned a lot of great old songs
from Jeff.  Just had dinner with him last week when we moved Justin back up
to Cal Poly.  Trumpeter *Bryan Shaw* has some REALLY great stories from when
he was learning from Jeff and all the crazy adventures with the band that
followed. Seriously, someone has to write a book about that some day.

Love your playing (in *B.E.D.* and out of the sheets too)!  I was just
listening to a Live album that you played on back in 1993: *The Bix
Beiderbecke Era* - with *Randy Sandke's New York All-Stars*.  I really
enjoyed hearing the wonderful Bix re-rendition of *My Pretty Girl.*

I look forward to seeing you again soon, and thanks for watching* Name that
Song*!

-Brandon Au