[Dixielandjazz] Lee Floyd's New CD

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 21 21:04:45 PDT 2010

An earlier message today noted this was also Lee "Plink" Floyd's  birthday.
 I had a chance to review his new CD.  It is not your  run-of-the-mill
banjo CD by any measure.
Maybe too much an outlier for some.  Still, I've been surprised  by reading
more praise for it over the fourstring mailing list than I  expected.

For the curious on this list Lee just posted an announcement that for a
brief time the entire CD will be accessible via his web site.  I am going  to
copy and paste his entire email below so you can check it out.
Ginny

Lee's Post on the yahoo fourstring list:
Hello one and all,
I am writing from exotic Tokyo Japan. I just arrived  here last night.
Today visiting one of my old employers at Tokyo Disney Sea. I  just wanted to
thank everyone who are posting kind reviews of my latest  recording on the
4-string discussion group.  The New Orleans Nickels and  Diamonds project" is
my first official release in fifteen years... Long overdue  to be sure.

For anyone who would like to hear it in total, (without even  having to buy
it) I have posted a link to it on my web site on the second page  under
"new C.D. release". It will be there in total temporarily. Click on the  widget
that will allow you to listen, and if you are kind enough to buy one
please follow the link to Itunes, or just order from me at the address on the
web page; _http://plinkfloyd.com_ (http://plinkfloyd.com/)  Also if you like
it,  please post a review on iTunes. Every little bit helps! As they say in
Japan;  "Arrigato" :)

O. Lee Floyd III
417 Eliza St.
New Orleans,  La.