[Dixielandjazz] Kay Starr, Count Basie, Dick Hyman

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Sep 21 10:16:12 PDT 2010

>From another email list:

The Lord Online Jazz Discography shows this album, recorded
December 7th 1968 as having been released at least six times.
 Initially, it seems, as "Kay Starr/Count Basie" (Gold Star
 150.0006) and also later as "How About This" (Paramount
 PADS-5001) and on 4 other labels.

The Paramount LP, "How About This," was the best known and most complete. Unfortunately,
none of them have been reissued on CD. The best way of getting it for now is from
Joan Sprung, who has beautifully re-mastered it, along with several other very-rare
albums by a variety of GAS artists. I highly recommend her work and she also takes
custom orders for those who would like items from their own collection re-mastered
professionally:

http://www.mymusicboutique.com/product/KS101-597202696

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing
 in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle"
-- Winston Churchill