[Dixielandjazz] Liberace

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 20 06:54:44 PDT 2010

Bob Ringwald wrote about the Liberace museum in Las Vegas closing. And
how the great one was adored by his aging female fans.

Our bassist, Ace Toured with Liberace many years ago and fondly
remembers him as a wonderful guy to work for. He also tells about the
time they had finished performing at a theater and they opened up the
stage door to exit the building. Several dozen ladies were there and
they screamed, rushing forward to touch their idol.

Liberace looked at Ace and said: "Protect me Ace, I think I am about
to get raped."

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband