[Dixielandjazz] Kay Starr

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Sep 18 08:36:24 PDT 2010

Many years ago at Floyd Levin's house, he played me some Jazz recordings of Kay Starr.  At the time, I was very surprised as I had only heard the pop tunes she made famous in the 50s.

This, from another email list.

Kay Starr has an amazing 14-page cover story in the current issue of Daeida magazine.
It's hard to find on newsstands, but available through their website. You can also
view the article online, but the actual magazine is gorgeous and a true collector's
item, well worth the $10 price. Info at

http://www.daeida.com/

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing
 in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle"
-- Winston Churchill