[Dixielandjazz] left handed trombone

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 9 16:20:01 PDT 2010

Bob could always look at one of the YouTube things featuring Slide Hampton and
see whether he has made any obvious changes. Slide's a veteran left-hander,
although it seems nobody told the people putting together the inlay for a CD
front which can be seen online, in which he is the wrong way round.

I should have a copy of the CD of his big band of seventeen trombonists &
rhythm. If I can find it I'll look to see whether there are any others of the
same unusual orientation.

Presumably somebody has asked Slide about this?

Message: 9  Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:16:55 -0400   From: Bob Brodsky
To: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com

Last week, for the first time in my 85 years, I saw a left handed slide trombone
player!  Did he need a special instrument or do regular trombones allow
adjustment by rotation?  Only trombone players reply please - I want to get it
right.  bob b

End of Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 93, Issue 13