[Dixielandjazz] Amy Roberts

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 12:02:04 PDT 2010

Carol:

Speaking of young musiciians on the rise, have you heard Bria Skonberg yet?
She is a Canadian born trumpeter & vocalist who might be something like 25
now.

I have what I believe may have been the first album she recorded, along with
trombonist Jim Fryer under the heading of the Borderline Jazz Band.
I believe she was 22 at the time.

Her most recent album is called "Fresh" but I have not acquired it as I
understand it is predominantly vocals whereas I believe it is on trumpet
where she really excels

Keep an eye, or rather an ear out for it, I don't think you'll be
disappointed..

Tides,
HC