[Dixielandjazz] Venetian Room in SF Reopening

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Sep 1 19:32:45 PDT 2010

This from another email list:

*********

I never saw any ads, so if it had not been for this mention in the Chronicle column
of the local woman-about-town (Leah Garchik), I would never have known to start saving
my nickels and quarters:
"The doors to the Venetian Room, which have been shut for 21 years, open again Oct.
17 when Bay Area Cabaret begins its season there with a performance by Marvin Hamlisch.
The whole Bay Are Cabaret season -- through the following May -- will be in the room,
which seats 350 people, and where cocktails will be served. Ticket holders will be
offered a three-course, $40 dinner in the Laurel Room, free parking and a reduced
room rate.
"Bay Area Cabaret founder Marilyn Levinson is 'thrilled and honored to be reopening
this historic room,' and notes that it was in the Venetian Room that Tony Bennett
introduced [his version of] 'I Left My Heart in San Francisco.'"
I can't wait for more information. The last act I saw there was the Mills Brothers.
-30

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band