[Dixielandjazz] Spike Jones: Clink, Clink, Another Drink

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Sep 1 00:13:40 PDT 2010

Marvin Ipswitch wrote [in part]:
> This is a Soundie from 1942, not 1938. Jones did a number of them during
> that time....
> Don Ingle, I'm sure, could offer more info.

Dear Marvin,
I too was waiting for Don Ingle to weigh in on that one.
However, the fish must be still biting up in outer in Michigan.
In the meantime....
It was indeed a 'soundie', made at the Hal Roach Studios, Culver City on 6 July 1942 with Spike, Don Anderson (trumpet) King Jackson (trombone) Del Porter (clarinet) Luther Roundtree (banjo) Hank Stern (tuba) and probably Stan Wrightsman (piano) not shown on screen in any of the films.
Vocalists were Mel Blanc and Del Porter + the Slickers.
Other titles from the six-hour session were "Pass The Biscuits, Mirandy", "The Blacksmith Song" and "The Sheik Of Araby". All on YouTube.
Very kind regards,
Bill.
Down under in Sydney, Australia and who has been listening to Spike Jones from when those first 78s came out during the big war.