[Dixielandjazz] "Jug" in the RAG

Bob Brodsky rfoxbro at aol.com
Sun Oct 31 12:52:27 PDT 2010

 Dear 'Listers':

Finally, Bill Mitchell's very favorable review of my book, "The World in a Jug"- 'The Lore of New Orleans and Dixieland Jazz' will appear in the November issue of THE AMERICAN RAG - and should make all of the great majority of you who have NOT gone to  Amazon.com  to buy one ($15) - rush , right now, to your machine to make the deal ( per RAG Editor/Publisher Don Jones'  suggestion below).

And for those of you in my neighborhood, note that I am booked to give my "15th Serenade for Mouldy Figges" multimedia lecture on New Orleans jazz at the Redondo Beach Main Library (PCH & Carnellian) from 6-8 pm on Tuesday, January 4, 2011. Be there or be square!

Bob Brodsky
Secretary/historian
South Bay New Orleans Jazz Club

"Bob:
    I am happy to respond that we were able to include Bill's review of your book in our Nov. issue which you will find on pages 12 and 45. The attachment is a PDF File of the review.

    I hope Bill's review causes our readers to act and order your book.

Best Regards,
Don Jones, Publisher
The American Rag
Generating Success Through Teamwork
News You Can Use About Traditional Jazz and Ragtime
America's ONLY Traditional Jazz Newspaper - In Our 22nd Year"