[Dixielandjazz] Dizzy & Dixieland

Tom Coleman optiguytom at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 17:33:25 PDT 2010

Somewhere are some really great tapes of Dizzy and Coleman Hawkins sitting in
with the long running (and long ago!) BLUES ALLEY house band of Wild Bill Whelan
and the Dixie Six (probably Washington, D.C.'s best dixieland band EVER!). Bill
played it for me a couple times and I may have a copy around somewhere. If I
come across it, I'll let you know. There are also some tapes of Roy Eldridge
sittin' in. As I remember, they all made it fit in and sound as if they had been
working together for years.... pros!

 Tom Coleman
www.optiguytom.com