[Dixielandjazz] Today's Google logo.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 21 14:01:37 PDT 2010

 Logsdon wrote:
> Which reminds me to ask a question, proving my early onset of failed memory.
> Did Gillespie and his ilk record a "dixieland" album once?  I seem to recall that such a fact was talked about here once long, long ago.  I promise I'll write it down this time.

Dear Mike,
Good morning from tomorrow.
Are you confusing Dizzy with this session?

Chubby Jackson And His Jacksonville Seven:
Charlie Shavers (t) J.J. Johnson (tb) Coleman Hawkins (ts) Harry Carney (bar) Teddy Wilson (p) John Collins (g) Chubby Jackson (b) Shadow Wilson (d)
New York. 4 December 1946
   Dixieland stomp [Moldy fig stomp]

Hardly an album. And made as an end of session send-up.
Diz did record with bands led by
Pete Brown. 1942
Joe Marsala. 1945
Clyde Hart. 1945
which qualify as OKOM, but not really as 'dixieland'.
Other than that, I did not find anything that fits.
Very kind regards,
Bill.