[Dixielandjazz] Jazzy Cadillac ad on TV

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 09:33:32 PDT 2010

Hi Katie!
Great! When I was something like 17 years of age I sometimes helped out, mostly during summer holidays, with the La Vida Jazzband and Silver Leaf Brassband.Jim was a regular member of that band then, so I must have done something like 30 - 40 gigs with him during those years, on clarinet and alto sax.I think I played together with Jim Leigh and Elyna Tatum at the Rotterdam Jazz festival then.
The funny thing is that a few weeks ago I was wondering what happened to him. So a pleasant surprise to read his name!
Kind regards,
Bert Brandsma
www.dixielandcrackerjacks.com