[Dixielandjazz] Harmonica (was How do you get to Carnegie Hall)

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 06:13:09 PDT 2010

Not to wish to get involved in a game of one-upmanship, but I"ll go a step
further than that harmonic player doing Ellington's "C-Jam Blues" (which
later had lyrics added to become "Duke's Place")

A friend recently donated to the Callaghan Music Library her late father's
record collection, primarily 45s, and I came upon a recording of "C-Jam
Blues" performed by Ole Rasmussen and his Nebraska Cornhuskers.

Despite what the name might lead you to believe, I understand that Ole came
from California and he openly admitted having patterned his band's sound
after Bob
Willis and his Texas Playboys, which came to be known as western swing.

Tides,
HC

--
Suppose you were an idiot