[Dixielandjazz] National Anthem

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Fri Oct 8 09:08:38 PDT 2010

> On 10/7/10, I wrote:

>> ON the Giants, Braves game.  Anyone hear that piece of crap?

Harry Callaghan replied:

> No, I didn't hear it, Bob............but let me take a wild stab in
> the dark.....
>
> What country singer performed it?............or was it some former
> "American Idol" contestant?

It was some piano player.  I suppose he was someone popular or well-known.  He hit several grace notes that weren't supposed to be there, (In other words, mistakes) and then several times played a lot of very sloppy arpeggios that sounded as if he ran his elbows up and down the keyboard.  Then, he really didn't even finish the song.

I couldn't believe it.  And of course the multitudes applauded as if it was the greatest thing they had ever heard.

I was listening to the Giants broadcast on radio.  I don't know if it got on the national radio or TV broadcast.

As far as I am concerned, it was painful and embarrassing...

Great game though.

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"Last night my wife met me at the front door. She was wearing a sexy negligee.
The only trouble was, she was coming home."  --Rodney Dangerfield