[Dixielandjazz] Gene Estes

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Oct 4 14:46:33 PDT 2010

To add to Don Ingle's comments about drummer Gene Estes.  He was a wonderful guy and a wonderful musician.

Gene lived right down the street from me when I lived in Tinsel Town, 1979 - 1995.  He often subbed in my band on our regular Sunday night gigs.

He often taught at the STJS youth and adult Jazz Camps.

We miss him.

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"Last night my wife met me at the front door. She was wearing a sexy negligee.
The only trouble was, she was coming home."  --Rodney Dangerfield