[Dixielandjazz] Loose marbles

Rebecca Norman Thompson texasjazzlover at verizon.net
Sat Oct 2 12:58:54 PDT 2010

In my opinion the reason the Loose Marbles is so successful is because they
play at a steady clip all set long and really swing.  They also have a
following who love to dance.  Most venues now are too small for a lot of
Swing Dancing, and the streets are friendly to that.

Also, they are made up of a talented group of musicians.  Jason Jerzak of
Blue Street JB, lives and plays with them in New Orleans.  One of the best
bass(stand up and Sousaphone) players I have heard.

Rebecca Thompson
Flower Mound, TX