[Dixielandjazz] Charleston Chasers (1927), Miff Mole Molers

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Tue Nov 30 08:42:36 PST 2010

For the past few weeks I've been listening repeatedly to the Charleston
Chasers (Red Nichols, 1927) and Miff Mole's Molers (1927-ca. 1930)

This is arranged jazz with loads of wonderful solos, and a great band
sound. You can find these on

http://www.redhotjazz.com

Also CDs--I just play mine over and over in my car. Terrific audio. I
played 'em for a fellow dixielander on the way to a session Sunday, and he
was flabbergasted--A few times he exclaimed: "You can't do that on a
trombone!"

--Sheik