[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 95, Issue 28

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sun Nov 28 11:37:58 PST 2010

Norman, Thanks for some tips on understanding my own ears better.  I
definitely enjoy well played classical music, love hearing a good symphony live,
smaller ensembles, etc.  I enjoy fiddling in country, mountain music,
Western Swing.

But I've not been able to find fiddle/violin pleasant with typical jazz
ensemble, indeed not even, Grappelli.  It's nice to feel a bit validated by
your discussions of tonal issues because I always put the onus on me when
someone was waxing eloquent about such as Grappelli, and I'm  instead feeling
in near pain.

So guess, I have to be empathic when someone else feels that way about my
banjo or Brodsky carries on about saxophones  in "World in a  Jug", etc.

Ginny

In a message dated 11/28/2010 11:35:27 A.M. Central Standard Time,