[Dixielandjazz] Question?

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Nov 26 21:15:28 PST 2010

 CreightB at aol.com asked:
> Phonetic pronunciation of "Gennett" and emphasis on which part?

Dear Creight,
This one has been discussed before somewhere.
Or mentioned in a book.
Rick Kennedy's 1994  'Jelly Roll, Bix, and Hoagy' perhaps?
As I recall, the answer from a positive and emphatic US source, was:
  "Jen-Net"
And reconfirmed today by listmate Hal Vickery.
The same as we here in Australia used from before I became deeply involved in jazz in the mid 1940s.
I always felt happily validated at the time, as it was a common record collectors' argument.
Very kind regards,
Bill.