[Dixielandjazz] Louis Prima: "Rarities and Hits 1963-1975"

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Nov 24 13:54:28 PST 2010

Louis Prima: "Rarities and Hits 1963-1975"

Another Collectors' Choice exclusive in the works:
Louis Prima: Rarities and Hits 1963-1975 -- A Centennial Celebration
"He wrote 'Sing, Sing, Sing'. He presided over the hottest act on the Las Vegas Strip.
And 100 years ago, on December 7, 1910, Louis Prima was born in New Orleans, Louisiana,
continuing a long line of musical legends to hail from the Crescent City. Now, we
at Collectors' Choice Music are proud to add Louis Prima to the long list of musical
legends on our label, as we commemorate the august occasion of his 100th birthday
with a 24-track collection of hits and rarities straight from Louis' own Prima label
archives! Among the unreleased tracks are a duet with Gia Maione Prima, I Can't Believe
That You're in Love with Me; studio takes of Topolino and I've Got You Under My Skin,
and live-in-Las Vegas renditions of Oh, Marie and Little Green Apples. Then come
more uproarious, live-in-Vegas performances of Las Vegas Woman; Them There Eyes/Ol'
Man River; Dinga Won't Ding; followed by rare studio recordings of Angelina; Civilization;
Just a Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody; Robin Hood; Story 'Bout the Dog; I'm Confessin';
I Wanna Be Like You; As Time Goes By; It's Impossible; Cold, Cold Heart/Little Mother;
Buona Sera; Che La Luna; Joanna; Sugar; Sing, Sing, Sing; I'm Leaving You. Compiled
and annotated by the director of the Louis Prima Archives, Ron Cannatella, this Collectors'
Choice Music exclusive will you make your New Year a happy one indeed!"
http://www.ccmusic.com/item.cfm?itemid=CCM21702

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band