[Dixielandjazz] James Moody Update

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Mon Nov 15 06:41:36 PST 2010

To:  DJML and Musicians and Jazzfans list

From:  Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

Listmates:  I previously posted a notice that octogenarian saxophonist
James Moody announced that he has pancreatic cancer. Here's a followup clip
from Dave Ramsey's Rifftides blog in Arts Journal.

Link below gives additional info such as link to Moody Facebook page  and
also about other subjects of interest.

 <http://www.artsjournal.com/rifftides/2010/11/a_moody_update.html> A Moody
Update

The November 4 post below and coverage elsewhere about James Moody's illness
generated so much concern that it has created a problem in the Moody
household. Here is part of a message from Moody's wife Linda.

Would you mind posting that people should leave Moody messages on Facebook?
Our computers and two e-mail addresses are about to crash. I have had my
computer guy here a couple of times in the last 3 days to keep them from
crashing. Moody has had an outpouring of love from every corner of this
earth.

http://www.artsjournal.com/rifftides/

-End--