[Dixielandjazz] A bit Off Topic, "Stand By Me"

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Sat Nov 13 06:19:05 PST 2010

Dear Bob,

As you say 'Stand By Me' was 'a massive undertaking'.
Does anyone know how he got all the performers in the same key, in tune, and
at the same tempo.

On a much more modest scale, I've matched two allegedly different takes of a
tune by adjusting tempo and pitch electronically using 'Audacity'. I found
out that the "two takes" were identical. So I think with infinite patience
and sufficient motivation 'Stand By Me' could be possible using this method.
I suspect, however, it was done acoustically using a portable mixer on site.

Kind Regards

Bob Smith