[Dixielandjazz] Hollis Carr RIP

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Wed Nov 3 11:28:49 PDT 2010

Hollis was a long time member of STJS and active in the San Francisco Jazz scene.

Hollis Carr
It is with great sadness that I write to report that our beloved Hollis T. Carr passed
away peacefully at approximately 10:00 pm on Tuesday, November 2, 2010.  Hollis was
surrounded by family, and had spent time with many other family members and friends
during his final days.  He was admitted to Alta Bates hospital on Wednesday, October
27, and was treated with great empathy and respect by the many doctors, nurses, social
workers and other staff who worked tirelessly to improve his final week of life,
for which we are so grateful.  Up to the very end, Hollis was the master of logistics,
providing us all with instructions to organize his affairs.  We will miss him so
much.
Thank you all for the many calls, notes and e-mails offering good wishes for Hollis.
We are making arrangements for a memorial service, and I will provide details as
soon as they are available.  As Hollis wished (and repeatedly reminded us), he will
be cremated and his remains scattered over the open sea.
Please pass this information on to other friends of Hollis who may have been left
off of this e-mail.
~Kristen

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com