[Dixielandjazz] Loose Marbles

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon May 31 07:38:57 PDT 2010

Hi,
I have not yet listened to the "outside the box OKOM," but the
Preservation Hall videos are present very well played jazz; actually,
I have over the years heard many a band not playing half as well and
still being regularly reivited to festivals.
And yes, there is young audience - just reach out to it!  That might
even save the future of OKOM festivals - some of the kids will become
affluent, or at least - well to do, and if they get hooked, will
attend festivals.  And the older people are going to die eventually,
even if, as we wish each other, they live to be 120!  If there is any
future for OKOM festivals (I repat yet again - to me this includes
swing), it lies with the young players and young audiences.
Cheers