[Dixielandjazz] Oompah vs dixie

W1AB at aol.com W1AB at aol.com
Fri May 28 09:33:39 PDT 2010

In a message dated 5/28/2010 12:17:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jim at kashprod.com writes:

Maybe,  just maybe, the oompah bands are playing "fun" music rather than
trying to  create (or recreate) an art form?  I sometimes think that is
what
happens with Jazz in general, where the musician begins to take his  music
too seriously.  Remembering where our music came from is
important.....bars,
booze, good times, women, etc.  There can be  serious moments, but the fun
has to be there, also.

    Right on, Jim!  Lord deliver us  all from "serious" musicians!

    I would make one minor change in your  final sentence, so that it
reads, "... but the fun has to be there  FIRST."

                                                            Al B