[Dixielandjazz] Beth's remark......

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri May 28 06:59:02 PDT 2010

Beth wrote:
>Now if they would only bring their non-musician friends to the jazz clubs
and festivals!

If our young subs were to bring friends they wouldn't get in the door...the
joints we play at are just that crowded every nite of the week!   :>

I have stayed out of this discussion as I have stated many times that we
have more young listeners than old ones.  Since a lot of that is due to
geography & a unique style of night life, I can't really add much to the
discussion which is mainly centered, so far, on the U.S. situation.

I would, however, add one formula to success:  a band with good musicians
playing energetically & enjoying themselves doing it will draw and maintain
a crowd, never mind their age.

Jim