[Dixielandjazz] A couple of Jazz questions.

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sat May 22 08:52:41 PDT 2010

John and Sidnee Fortier wrote:
>  Does anyone know of any bands besides Cornet Chop Suey that feature two trumpets or cornets?  Also does anyone know of any bands where the lead instrumentalist does not do the banter etc. with the audience, but is the leader musically?  John Fortier

Yes and yes.

Our UK band; Big Bear Stompers has two trumpets.... the band leader Dave
Moorwood plays banjo and does most of the chat
We may have recorded another live CD at the recent Keswick Jazz
Festival...... or to be precise we were a recorded and await the results
with trepidation :-)

We have a couple of live recordings:  one when Jim Maihack guested with
us on a UK tour in 2005  and "The Emperor Strikes Back recorded in
2007.  There are also some Youtube tracks all can be found on
www.dave-moorwood.co.uk
The band at Keswick featured 4 musicians under the age of 40 and 5 who
prefer not to say.

Jude

www.judyeames.co.uk