[Dixielandjazz] C Melody Sax--need help/advice

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri May 21 20:46:40 PDT 2010

Good luck -  I would try to find one in good condition that will fit your
horn and have it plated - I'm sure you have a plating shop somewhere near.
I think that would be a lot cheaper than trying to find one.  One of the
repair shops here has the inside of sax necks gold plated and if they can do
the inside then the outside should be no problem.  I would ask around to see
who does that sort of thing.

I was looking for a C for awhile but the prices on e-bay - by the time you
have them padded and repaired - just isn't worth it and finding one in good
playing condition is also difficult.

Then there's the sound that only an OKOM lover would appreciate.

I learned on a  Martin C.  I also owned one when I was in college.  It cost
me $15 in fairly good playing condition.  I couldn't afford a tenor.  The
C&W / Rock guys that I was playing with thought it was a tenor or else they
wouldn't have hired me.  I didn't tell them differently.  I have no idea
what happened to that horn.  It's probably on E-bay for $400 as we speak.
Larry
StL