[Dixielandjazz] Outlet for European Traditional Jazz CDs

John and Sidnee Fortier jsfortier at chartermi.net
Tue May 18 07:44:43 PDT 2010

Does anyone know of an outlet for European traditional jazz CDs?  I know that one can get some from places like Louisiana Music Factory, Jazzology, CD Baby and CD Unilverse, but they do not carry much by the current crop of musicians such as the Carlings from Sweden; Aurelie Tropez and other French groups;  Claudio Perelli, Gianni Sanjust, and Gabriele Mirabassi from Italy; Georg Reiss from Norway; and numerous Danish and Netherlands groups featuring Bob Kaper, Jurgen Svare, etc. I thought maybe there was someplace right in Europe where you could order such recordings, but maybe it is necessary to contact individual groups.  I have had to do that to get music from Australia.  The postage sometimes costs as much as the CD!  John Fortier