[Dixielandjazz] Did anyone get an email from Mike Henebry asking for emergency help?

Ministry of Jazz jazzmin at actcom.net.il
Sat May 15 13:27:32 PDT 2010

Shalom jazz fans,

Today I received 2 emails ostensibly from Mike Henebry, saying he was robbed
in London and urgently needs money to return home. Since I have received
similar emails in the past alleging to be from other friends, I suspect this
one is as fraudulent as the others I know about. It is a case of identity
theft.

Has anyone else received an email like this? I am not in contact with Mike
and do not know him except by reputation. I don't know how my email
addresses got into the hands of the perpetrators. I thnk it is safe to
assume that Mike is not in London, has not been robbed, and even if he had
been, he would have more secure means of getting help.

Based on my similar experiences in the past, I urge listmates not to reply
to these emails, and certainly not to send money. If you have reason to be
concerned about Mike, contact him directly to verify facts before
responding.

Blessings from Israel,

Elazar Brandt
Doctor Jazz Dixieland Band